We cannot and will not make any medical claims about what CBD oil can do. Instead, we will focus on existing research that has been done and what actual users have reported. As always we encourage you to conduct your own research and read the powerful testimonials out there, making your own informed decision about whether a CBD Oil regimen is right for you or a particular health condition.
1. Can CBD reduce seizures? – Stretching back to the 1980s, scientific evidence has existed proving that CBD can reduce seizures in epilepsy.
Even news sites reported a 12-year-old girl with a rare form of epilepsy had stopped suffering from her life-threatening seizures after doctors treated her with cannabis oil. There are many similar stories of powerful relief.
2. CBD may reduce anxiety – It is little surprise when one considers that CBD activates receptors associated with mood and stress levels, that scientists have noted CBD to have an anti-anxiety effect. CBD seems to act on a very wide range of brain sites. It could be acting on serotonin receptors, making its mechanism of action similar to that of anti-depressants and anxiety medication. Pharmaceuticals, however, can be highly addictive.
Anxiety – very few of us are untouched by it these days in some shape or form. These are common experiences for most of us, until the problem starts to negatively impact everyday life and wellness.
Chronic and acute anxiety are often debilitating to a person’s well being and mindset, manifesting itself in sometimes overwhelming feelings of panic and terror, a loss of control where sufferers can often report feeling like they are dying in that moment. A racing heart, irrational thoughts, and distorted perceptions of reality in a lightning flash attack, just losing all concepts of time and self-awareness; it is a horrible seize of the present. It’s easy to understand why people often run to the nearest doctor for the highly prescribed but addictive benzodiazepines, a sometimes vicious cycle of temporary relief where often times the end result just becomes a compound problem.
Long term sufferers learn to recognize their own triggers, some embarking on a personal mindfulness journey towards that inner peace of the self, but always in the back of the mind wondering, still unpredictable. Detrimental to health and affecting daily life, an anxiety disorder can leave a person feeling hopeless. Many long-term sufferers report periods of stifling sadness impacting their daily life, anxiety co-existing with major depression and other mental health attacks often. Exploring new options, many are turning towards the natural pharmaceutical industry and CBD products in their arsenal to seize back their lives.
3. CBD can reduce pain and inflammation – People purchase CBD for many reasons, but one of the most common reasons is for natural relief from chronic pain associated with conditions such as fibromyalgia, IBS, and migraines.
Why might CBD reduce pain levels? Research shows that CBD activates the TRPV-1, the receptor known for pain and inflammation control in the body.
More research is being targeted to empirically prove CBD as a more natural alternative to current addictive pharmaceuticals being prescribed for pain relief.
4. CBD has potential anti-cancer effects – Some studies have investigated the role of CBD in preventing cancer cell growth, but research is still in its early stages. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) says that CBD may help alleviate cancer symptoms and cancer treatment side effects. The action of CBD that’s promising for cancer treatment is its ability to moderate inflammation and change how cell reproduce. CBD has the effect of reducing the ability of some types of tumor cells to reproduce.
5. CBD may protect our brains – Known for its antioxidant nature, CBD Oil may protect our brains against neurotoxicity, a common catalyst to a host of neurodegenerative diseases.
There is also encouraging research suggesting that the application of CBD directly after a stroke may just limit the severity of long-lasting damage caused.
According to a 2013 review published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, studies have found CBD to possess the following medical properties:
|Medical Properties of CBD
||Reduces nausea and vomiting
||Suppresses seizure activity
||Combats psychosis disorders
||Combats inflammatory disorders
||Combats neurodegenerative disorders
||Combats tumor and cancer cells
||Combats anxiety and depression disorders
At this time, most of this evidence comes from animals, since very few studies on CBD have been carried out in human patients, although this is something we will be campaigning for.